Wednesday, July 11, 2007

True to Form

Ha. If I wasn't clear in my last post, I finally became the namesake of this blog last saturday when I was popped not once but twice. the first time coming after 17 minutes. Ouch. Oh well. Tonight was the Doc ride. Pace was HIGH, averaging 24.8, probably in the top 3 fastest wendnesday nighter. Hung out in the middle for the first few miles then moved up and started working. Contested no sprints. Last few miles after the turn onto D I believe were HOT with attacks coming from Adam and Tony, myself aswell as Ben Lund and John R(?) from Hayes. John from transistion mixed it up as well. I think I might have irritated a few guys by letting gaps open, but today it was full on team tactics. Short stats, 1hr to get there at 216w and then 1hr10min or so at 256 for the ride itself.

not a bad night, but I still do not feel great. Oh well, I am enjoying being on the bike again and that makes today a minor but important victory. It's slowly coming back and although it's the beginning of July, I am already looking forward to next year. oh next year.

At anyrate, I need to thank my teammates for the encouragement, support, and advice regarding the blow-up so far this summer. It's helped to make keeping the faith a lot easier and a lot less stressful. Thanks guys. Scoots, you too, if only for the interest in my occasionally winning dietary preferences.

Eh this weekend I think I'll head up to Germantown to hang with Mike and see some new riding territory. Should be fun. That's all for now

Also, I'm up for another one of these:



VO2MAX YES! and a methacholine challenge! to see if I have exercised induced asthma. Very nice. oh well. maybe I will get that TUE...
I leave you with once question:
very sexy hey?





Ciao

1 comment:

ScootsOnMoots said...

Hey...I'm interested in it all as I saw it first hand in AR. I will admit, I'd rather not have to race against you so take your time. Your season started way before ours and sometimes sitting back relaxing is a good thing. I found that out last weekend when I self imploded. The body is an amazing tool if you listen to it. I hate recovery days....it's like not doing anything. Sometimes you need recovery WEEKS. It was bound to catch up with me. That and some bad college habits that I dug out for the 4th. Barley euphoria.....ouch.