Sunday, August 12, 2007

MTB-ing

So the two-week rest period came to end wednesday. Collin and Max from cyclessmith and my new fellow co-workers and I went out for a 1 hour ride around waukesha. we kept it mostly urban which was nice. hit the hospital hill w/ the switchback and the the climb in the new subdivision out of meadowbrook. again, it was nice.

Yesterday I went mountain biking for the first time, not just xc-skiing trail, but real single track. Collin and a friend of his named Ryan took my out to j.muir trails in the kettles. wow a blast. stacked it up a good four or five times, the first one being the best, a full ass-over-teakettle after catching a stump on a downhill run. oops. I'm a little sore today and a lot scratched up, but I just picked up a new trainer after mine was stolen at Snake Alley and i'm looking forward to training consistently again. Ta gets home from romania today so I've got to clean up the house before the first member of my family returns from vacay.

ciao

No comments: