Friday, July 28, 2006

Catch-Up

All right all right this has been put off long enough. Over the next few days I'll be updating my blog with tales of superweek and getting some pretty darn sweet pics up (hopefully, there's an awesome sprint sequence). Where to start?


Today: ended up getting in 5 hours of riding today, the first time that's happened in well over 3 weeks. this week was supposed to be a recovery week from superweek, but it rained 3.5 inches in 1 hour last night so I didn't ride then or tuesday just because I didnt have the itch. so, 2 days of easy riding, 2 days off + working full time. It took a good 2.75 hours initially to get the gunk out of my legs from Superweek. at about 5 I rolled into the Cyclesmith Bike Shop for some tubes and Colin the manager said I should stick around because the Jrs he coaches were shoving off at 6. I got it 40 minutes of recovery and was off again for another 2 hours. Now, I'm cooked. Oh and I was riding in a TT set up.


the uh state TT was supposed to be this weekend but it was canceled due to the hazards of the out and back TT loop in New Glarus, WI. I am still riding the Madone 5.2SL from Milltown Cycles of Faribault, with a mavic cosmic carbone Sl in the rear (long story, but it just might have a happy ending) but I've got a set of Profile T2+ aerobars, a worth-while investment and the "S" bend is fantastic/looks nice. Also if you are ever in a pinch and need something from Europe that you can't get for your bike through your shop, check out www.totalcycling.com I ordered the Bell Meteor II TT lid on tuesday and it came today, fast. So is the helmet...

Sean says the TT is boring, I don't know, it's like an extended hammerfest/sprint. I think I am going to like it quite a bit.

Here are the short stats on Superweek, race reports coming soon:

Wins: 7 (5 cat 4's, 2 cat 3's)
Winner of the 4/5 omnium (which means I'll be getting a Waterford steel frame to build up with Force and Deda parts)

and I had to fill out a w-9 form because I won enough money that they will tax by p-b-a. shoot.

It's off to my first Drop the Doc saturday ride tomorrow, starts at 8, i'll get in a warm up from Wales after driving out there. Should be fast, hope the legs are up to it. Oh this is a mini build for my first pro/1/2/3 race in Sherrill, IA It's the Dan Bockstedt Cup and it'll be 80 miles of "hill yes!" terrain. At least that's what the flyer said...

No comments: