Sunday, May 06, 2007

Gluek RR

There are some good guys, not just bike racers, in the 3's field here in MN. Racing with guys like Mark (MCT), James and Matt (Birchwood), and Mike (flanders) makes racing that much more fun; they work hard and play the game fairly, hell Matt let me have the rest of some snack on the final lap this weekend, much appreciated.

Mark and our women (kidding) well Mark, Ingrid, Emma, and I left Olaf at 9 or so to head up to Marty early in order to predrive/preride the course. Registration was a breeze except for my misplaced numbers which garnered some guff from some of the LSC organizers; it was well deserved and it turned out I left them with Emma. As mark and I warmed up, the sky opened up with rain that felt like hail. We were immediately soaked. At the start I put on my jersey and arm warmers over my skinsuit, glad to have done it since the race was extended to 60 miles/5 laps.

Race went well enough, had the restart my sprint after Josh (Nature Valley) jumped inside 250 after being sheltered from the wind by first James and then Mark (those guys saved my bacon, thanks all around) but managed to muscle back after lifting the wheel once or twice and then sitting down to shift and stand again. oops. kinda sloppy, need to work on that. A liter of chocolate milk, some jawing, subway/DQ remnants later the four of us were headed back home to find our friends at the end of Lutefest, the free outdoor concert in the spring here at Olaf. Thanks again to Mark and James, and Dan and Linda (who picked up after me). It was a pretty good weekend:

also notice Doug Swanson in the 1/2's field. In the big ring at the hill on the course into the wind where we were crawling by in our 39/21's and 23's. yowza:

3 comments:

Sean Noonan said...

respect.

METTLER said...

Hey Brandon, you were looking pretty damn cold at the starting line Saturday!! Can't say that I intended to lead you out at the end there, but at least I was able to pay you back somewhat for pulling me around the course at Durand. I really don't think us Cat 3's are giving you that much of a challenge. When you cat up, I bet you'll be in the top 10 for pretty much every race you do this summer in Wisconsin or where ever. That's my hunch anyway.

Brandon Krawczyk said...

No kidding, who wasn't? Yeah yeah I know, that fun positioning game... Thanks, let's hope it turns out that way (the hunch)