Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Tuesday

Suprise! rode my bike yet again today. 4.6 or so hours, most spent in the wind. Went down to Kenyon via 246 after first heading to Dennison. From Kenyon back through Nerstrand and then home on our race course w/ gravel. I was going quite slowly; my legs were hurting after the long weekend and the 2:45 that Dan and I put in yesterday before the rain cut the ride short and Linda was gracious enough to pick us up (and then take us to DQ. very nice). It could be the hole I've been digging myself into in prep for Nat'ls. Recovery starts thursday, upticks for the weekend and resumes on monday. My mom is coming and that I am looking forward to.

After 3:30 or so by myself, I met back up with Krueg, Finn, Kyle, and Conor (affectionately called Water Bottle) and Jake. We met up with Carleton heading up 3 north (wind). As soon as we join, Kyle flats and will remain that way. Brief delay, Krueg helps inflate the new tube but the VALVE STEM SNAPS CLEAN OFF. TOO MUCH POWER. just kidding. but it did snap. oh well. Group moves on while Kyle gets picked up my Mark. Finn and I turn around, nice tailwind, probably doing 24-25, Jake joins us. HWY 3 has some nice rollers on, grades of about maybe 3-4% mabye 5 tops, they're definitely noticeable. As soon as he got there we all dropped it down some gears. Didn't look but we were flying. Has some fun continuing to drop gears going up the hills. By the time we reached the sprint Jake had pulled the last 3/4 mile to the sprint which was in effect who could inch away from whom while seated.

Finn convinced me to head to Perkins, the best place to eat a recovery meal. 2 glasses of chocolate milk and 5 pieces of french toast later we headed back to campus where we parted amicably. It was a nice day. I felt like garbage until the end when the hammer dropped. When my legs are exhausted or hurting or overreaching, it feels best to hurt while accomplishing something, even if that's just going fast for awhile. These posts are too epic. oh well.

ciao.

1 comment:

Krueger said...

Thats why they dont let me have a carbon fiber handlebar or stem... I might break them :)