Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Same Old

I was doing the same things last year, riding intermittently, and not all that long either. Probably racing cross is what I should do as I like to take off until the new year. However, as Scott mentioned, everyone is updating on their training. Maybe more so this year than last or the year before when I didn't know what the heck I was doing, it seems that this year everyone is training now for the Best Year Ever in 08. Honestly, I haven't been. But. There's always a but. I do feel that my commitment to training is about to change, following T-giving. Saturday I sat on the trainer for 30 minutes, that's 1/4 of what I wanted to do. But if felt all right, I just need to pick up a mirror. Blah. Boring.

Emma's coming into town and we might go for our own Turkey Day Ride, as she doesnt MTB and the boys are meeting out at Muir for a ride. She is loving her SS which is good, I have to build up mine now (pics to come).

Sociology exam today, wrapped that up and am effectively on vacay for the next few days till it starts all over again Monday. eesh. In other news, I read a great article from theatlantic.com about Obama. The view of the author was that Obama's candidacy is not about Obama but that fact that he is not of the baby-boom generation which is what the bitter rivalry and bipartisanship in present day politics stems from: a symbolic conflict over who did what and when during the vietnam war. yowza, definitely worth checking out if you are into politics.

back to cycling, ok, yes, I really am looking forward to training, and recovering, but really, monday, no saturday when emma leaves, 2hrs a day without fail. dedication, determination

ciao

1 comment:

ScootsOnMoots said...

same old is right. same old lack up updates to the blog. git yer shat together chuck!