Monday, November 13, 2006

No More Off-Season

Supppose it is time to restart this old beast. To come out of the off-season. over the past few months since school has started, I've been riding sporadically/as much as possible with an emphasis on my school work. shortly before the halfway point of october, I took 10 days off as a complete rest. Then at the beginning of november, I raced my first 'cross race here on St. Olaf's college campus.


A none-too-glorious shot of me at the run-up

This is the run-up we were faced with, Thorson Hill.

I took 7th in the C field, yes I was sand-bagging but I had never raced 'cross nor had I been training at all really. Jake beat Sean in the collegiate race and was crowned Div II conf. champ. Last week it was 75 on wednesday and I put in 3.5 hours on my favorite loop up through hampton, over to lakeville and then south on dodd rd. Friday we got six inches of snow. As such, I've mounted the aero bars and it's trainer time now. If I could only leave the damn thing in the closet all winter...

No comments: