Monday, January 29, 2007

Saturday and Sunday in Texas

Saturday woke up early and goofed around until my final for Art after 1945, it went well though I should have known more about Michel Foucault and his relationship to post-structuralism/post-modernism/art criticism. Afterwards, I just packed and hung out with my roommate Brad and my friend Emma until she drove me to the airport. Watched the news for the first time in forever and it was pretty absurd, the headlines they came up with anyway...
Arrived in TX at 945 pm to a ghosttown of an airport. It was a balmy 40 degrees, but better than 12!

After getting settled I dropped off to sleep and woke up to ride at 8. Didn't end up riding until 1 in the town of Taylor with a few friends of my Aunt Pam's (who I am staying with). We set out for 77 miles but we all couldnt hold the pace to make it in before daylight. Ira, Ron, and Dave (the guy who did the majority of the pulling) were all pretty raw, especially since Ron was the youngest at 40 yrs old. Got 4:15 minutes in the saddle at 65 miles, and there was quite a bit of wind. I'll have pictures up when I get back to MN at the end of the week. Today it's a recovery day as I went MUCH harder than I should have yesterday. Oh well.

Ciao

No comments: