Monday, February 26, 2007

Slush Ride (rarely giving)

Oh yeah, here I am, looking well, yeah:

Today I rode outside, again. Only this time it was still snowing and there was slush and snow on the roads when I started. Despite the WNW wind, I headed down towards Sogn Valley to do some climbing work. 45 minutes into the ride I hit the first dry roads a few miles out from Dennison. And then Mark Krueger called me. He, like I just did not want to ride indoors. After giving him directions to Sogn Valley I continued on my way and eventually doubled back to meet him. Got in 4 hours today, the sun broke through the clouds for awhile and riding in a bright white mist/fog for a few hours today was awesome. I wasn't all that cold and Although I did some hill work, I wasn't as fatigued as I though I would be after 4 hours. 4 hour rides are definitely falling within my endurance ability. yes.

Mark and I descended and then climbed to the church where the finish of our collegiate race this spring. Then we climbed Sogn (I for the 2nd time). The two times I did it without going hard were in 5:20 and then 4:55. Those times arent too bad since Sean's early-season tests for Sogn were running 4:17/4:35 all out. Maybe I'll be able to outclimb him this year too.

Allright so I didn't post this last night, guess it's time for a picture:

This was my bb area, mostly ice encrusted. By the time I met Mark, my rear derailleur would not go past my 15 and I had about 3/4 of an inch encrusting my chainstays. Even the cranks collected ice and grit. Despite the freezing I didnt really have problems shifting or braking. Thank you Shimano

1 comment:

Krueger said...

No longer a pussy.... wanna do it again?