Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Trainer Time


This is what I've been up to the last two days: trainer time

This is my friend Katie, we ate dinner and she got a little flustered as you can see:

This is that Finn character and Katie (not the first one)
Havent been able to get outside and rock these duds the last few days, but hopefully thursday:

Spent 6.5 hours on the trainer so far this week, with about 30 minutes of tempo and 45 minutes at race pace. Today was a 3.5 hour session done mostly at endurance pace, for the rest, I ran my own personal criterium avg hr of 164 max of 191. Last 7 minutes were done above lactate threshold, slowly ratcheting up my hr till it maxed out at 191. I'm pretty sure I can get it to go higher...

Talked to Larry Moore, my neighbor and a team MACK rider today about his prep and training for Hillsboro Roubaix. He's had some bad crashes, including one where his quadricep detached from his hip and rolled down to his knee. He took the last year or two off from racing, but last year after riding with him, the pressure from his teammates and me was too great and he's going to be racing again, which is great as I am in need of a training partner back home.

Arkansas trip in only 3 days now. I am almost beside myself.

No comments: