Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Update

For some reason my brief post from AR isn't showing up.

Short stats:

450 miles in 7 days
29 hours of ride time
lots o climbing
could not have had better compatriots to ride with


Saturday I hit up the Doc ride in Dousman, and picked up some slick new racing rubber for the season, got in a decent 2.5 hours with quite a bit of work being done.

Sunday was an hour easy after scooting on back to school. I am still playing catch-up.

Monday was a group ride of 8 from Olaf. For some reason, I have had no problems hitting it hard, despite using this week as a recovery week. Best part of the ride: Holding of Jake for the final two miles back into town from the NWpassage. He sat up with Krueger and I kept motoring for a bit. When I saw that I had a gap, I just kept going. He chased and chased but the gap never got any smaller. Guess my fitness is coming around quite nicely. First race this weekend down on in Lawrence, KS.

JV advised me to start doing intervals, even if they aren't all that disciplined, to start mixing it up. And that's what I've begun to do, though I don't really care for them. Tomorrow should be a hard day with Krueger out to Nerstrand to do some TT interval work back and forth on the road between Nerstrand and Cannon City. Legs feel good. I feel good. Back to work.

2 comments:

Krueger said...

YEEEE HAW! Lets go burn some rubber... maybe for you... I am burnen the fat off me arse!

Sean Noonan said...

nice shorts.