Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Muscle and Tabs

First the tabs:
Been keeping track of my teammates and friends back home, seems a lot of them are going really well. Voight pulled down 2nd to Halverson in yet another photo-finish I hear (not unlike oh UWW) and Jimmy Stemper from Trocadero, a guy a worked/raced with a ton during superweek pulled out a long deserved win in the 3's. Nice work all around.

The big accomplishment at Sunday's crit was outmuscleing Mark Smelser from KSU for 4th place, first in the field. Not much interesting happened, a lot of attacks, Jake finally got away and 2 bridged up. I sat on the front blocking till it was sewn up and the break would stick.

Monday no riding
Tuesday 60 miles or so in 3:15 with a vicious headwind. Rode by myself as usual NE up to Hastings, MN. Nice flat route, hammered it on the way in, took about half as long as getting out there.

Today more of the same, 75 miles 4 hours. Hard. More wind, more distance, Jake and Sean met me in Hastings as I was on my way back from Prescott, WI. Guess we averaged 26.5 mph on the way home with a ton of cat and mouse in the last 3 or so miles. Sean did a good job leading out and attacking throughout, but I managed to wait long enough and get around him seated. my legs hurt a lot and it's been awhile since I've seen this much fatigue over the last few days. feels pretty good. I feel pretty salty even after the shower.

This weekend's Nebraska, but I'm thinking about driving home for the weekend to race down there, or stay here and race Durand. who knows. back to my Nietzsche paper ya'll

ciao

No comments: