Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Confirmation

Tony started to hassle me a bit to get this blog updated, it has been quite awhile, since I left for spring break really. At any rate here's what's gone down:

Saturday the 24th was the KU RR, in which I double flatted within the first four miles. My season could only get better from here no? Took it easy the rest of the day, skipping the TTT and the crit the next day. For some reason I thought I was on the verge of over-training the week before. Maybe I was just hyper-ventilating for an extended period of time.

There was also some concern over a potential heart condition so I wanted to rest as I was spending Mon-Wed visiting the hospital in Iowa City. Tuesday:

VO2 max testing with Emma's dad and the Iowa City group ride, which I took out handily. Finn and I rocked some pretty sweet roads around IC on monday, included these great pave sections just west of downtown.

Wednesday I was catheterized to see if the Dock Martins (not the shoe, an electrophysiologist) could simulate my condition. Turns out I have atrial tachycardia, but it's not problematic. Only I wasnt allowed to race saturday, so I skipped Hillsboro Roubaix. Oh well, maybe next year...

Sunday was the return trip to school, but first I raced the WCA season opener in Sheboygan WI. Took 2nd on the day doing most of the owrk with Stemper, Alvarez, and Meier. Klapperich got off the front and the heavy guy took it away on the downhills. It seemed few could work, so we eventually stopped chasing on the bell lap and raced for second place. It was wet. It was gritty. There are some pictures. Now I'm at school, have two papers to write and then I leave for home again tomorrow. Doc Ride at 9 on Saturday, should be a grand old time.

Nevermind, blogger's being slow, guess it'll just be a V02 max test pic instead.

Ciao

No comments: